First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in our “Learning Futures – Futures of Learning” conference. Although the conference has been postponed until June 2021, we have decided to publish a monthly newsletter to keep you up-to-date about our forthcoming events as well as provide you information on our latest futures research and publications.
Updates of the June 2021 event will be available in our next newsletter; registration, revised call for abstracts etc.
Considering the changes and hardship the world is facing in this Coronavirus pandemic, it is more important than ever to expand our futures thinking skills to build up our resilience and preparedness. We do hope you find our information and research material useful.
In this first newsletter for October 2020, we are pleased to introduce to you a very important summit that we are also taking part in:
UNESCO HIGH-LEVEL FUTURES LITERACY SUMMIT:
Overcoming ‘poverty of the imagination’
8–12 December 2020, online & UNESCO HQ, Paris
At this Summit, UNESCO member states and government representatives, international and not-for-profit organizations, as well as the private sector will express their commitment to the development and diffusion of Futures Literacy as an essential competency for the realization of humanity’s aspirations in the 21st Century.
The Summit will consist of three different strands: high-level plenary sessions, Futures Literacy Agora and Global Futures Literacy Network side-events online and open to the public. The Agora is consisting of more than fifty booths and showcases the activities that engage with human anticipatory systems and practices.
More information and registration will be available soon at: http://ty.fi/unesco
We hope to see you online at the UNESCO Summit on December – do visit Finland Futures Research Centre’s Futures Literacy Agora booth and meet our researchers!
Futures Conference Secretariat
LATEST RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS AT THE FFRC:
- [Futures Studies PhD thesis] Kurki, Sofi (2020) Foresight and Transformation: Observing Pioneers in Our Changing Societies. Annales Universitatis Turkuensis, Ser. E, Tom. 62: Oeconomica, Turku 2020. http://urn.fi/URN:ISBN:978-951-29-8127-4
- [Futures Studies PhD thesis] Mäkelä, Marileena (2020) The past, present and future of environmental reporting in the Finnish forest industry. Annales Universitatis Turkuensis, Ser. E, Tom. 58: Oeconomica, Turku 2020. http://urn.fi/URN:ISBN:978-951-29-8087-1
- [Futures Studies PhD thesis] Minkkinen, Matti (2020) A Breathless Race for Breathing Space. Critical-analytical futures studies and the contested co-evolution of privacy imaginaries and institutions. Annales Universitatis Turkuensis, Ser. E, Tom. 55: Oeconomica, Turku 2020. http://urn.fi/URN:ISBN:978-951-29-8042-0
- Jones, Ana & Wilenius, Markku (2020) In Greensight: Healthier Futures for Urban Cores in Transition. Cities & Health. https://doi.org/10.1080/23748834.2020.1767902
- Knudsen, Mikkel Stein & Kaivo-oja, Jari (2020) Collaborative Robots: Frontiers of Current Literature. Journal of Intelligent Systems: Theory and Applications, Vol. 3, Issue 2, p. 13–20. http://dx.doi.org/10.38016/jista.682479
- Mäkelä, Marileena – Parkkinen, Marjukka – Lyytimäki, Jari & Nygrén, Nina A. (2020) Futures Images of Woodchips as an Energy Source in Finland. Futures, Vol. 121, August 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2020.102571
- O’Mahony, Tadhg & Luukkanen, Jyrki (2020) Transition through ‘Sustainable Wellbeing’, an Approach to Overcome What Consumes Us. In: Diemer, A. – Morales, M. – Nedelciu, C. – Schellens, M. & Oostdijk, M. (eds) (2020) Paradigms, Models, Scenarios and Practices for Strong Sustainability, p. 219–230.
- Santaoja, Minna & Jauho, Mikko (2020) Institutional Ambiguity and Ontological Politics in Integrating Sustainability into Finnish Dietary Guidelines. Sustainability, 12(13). https://doi.org/10.3390/su12135330
- Vuola, M. – Korkeakoski, M. – Vähäkari, N. – Dwyer, M. B. – Hogarth, N. J. – Kaivo-oja, J. – Luukkanen, J. – Chea, E. – Thuon, T. & Phonhalath, K. (2020) What is a Green Economy? Review of National-Level Green Economy Policies in Cambodia and Lao PDR. Sustainability, 12(16). http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su12166664
- Vähäkari, Noora – Lauttamäki, Ville – Tapio, Petri – Ahvenainen, Marko – Assmuth, Timo – Lyytimäki, Jari & Vehmas, Jarmo (2020) The Future in Sustainability Transitions – Interlinkages between the multi-level perspective and futures studies. Futures, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2020.102597